About bean sprouts
About bean sprouts
Our bean sprouts of certified organic grains and vegetables can be found in convenient 200g sizes on our online store.
Sprouts are part of the biogenic foods family or simply, regenerative life foods.
These are foods that have not been transformed or processed: sprouting is the process by which a seed produces its embryo and gives birth to a new plant. It occurs in moisture and away from light and contains a multitude of chemical reactions. The most important is the synthesis of enzymes which allows predigestion of the carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins of the seed; then comes the impressive multiplication of certain vitamins and finally the production of chlorophyll that begins when a small stem sees the light. In short, germination is a plant for pre-digestion and nutrient production. "
More precisely, germination transforms starch into simple sugars, proteins into amino acids and fats into fatty acids and sugars, nutrients directly assimilated by the body.
Bean sprouts and shoots are part of the family of biogenic foods, or more simply regenerative foods of life. They include all foods that have not been manipulated. They facilitate all metabolic reactions, cell regeneration and increase human immune defenses.
The benefits of bean sprouts
The germinated seeds are eaten raw, leaving their nutritive properties intact: they are not denatured either by cooking or by refining. Living food avoids the destruction of enzymes. Naturally present in fruits, vegetables and germinations, they are removed by cooking when the temperature exceeds 47.8 ° C (118 ° F). Cooking also destroys some of the vitamins and minerals contained in foods and can reduce their anticancer potential.
Bean sprouts increase the number of vitamins contained in the seeds. Initially, a grain of wheat contains very little vitamins. After 5 days of germination, its vitamin C content increases by about 600%. Vitamin A increases by 300%, B1 by 20%, B2 by 300%, B3 by 10 to 25%, B5 by 40 to 50% and B6 by 200%.
Living foods such as sprouted seeds "strengthen the blood and intracellular transport of oxygen, increase metabolism and cell regeneration, stimulate biological resistance and promote natural processes of self-healing". They ensure a progressive assimilation of sugars and regularize intestinal transit. When eaten, the sensation of satiety is faster because germinations are foods rich in dietary fiber and protein.
In addition to being nutritious, germinations digest and assimilate more easily than cooked legumes. They are very rich in amino acids (digestible proteins), sugars, fatty acids, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, trace elements, carotenoids, fibers, and chlorophyll.
Those superfoods are part of green juice cures, healthy diet and detox health cures.
- LENTILS BEAN SPROUTS: 25% protein, an excellent source of iron and calcium. It is the most digestible of legumes, therefore, does not produce intestinal gas. Vitamins: A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C, E, iron, manganese, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, sodium, copper, and potassium.
- ADZUKI BEANS SPROUTS: 25% protein, nicknamed the anti-weight weapon, rich in nutrients and low in calories, easy assimilation. Recognized for their healing properties: infections of the kidneys and bladder. Exceptionally high fiber content. If you want to lose weight, these beans are made for you.
Vitamins: A, B1, B2, B3, C. Rich in calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus and niacin.
- CHICKPEAS SPROUTS: protein 20%, very energetic, fortifying, good for anemia and constipation (fibers). Vitamins: A, B2, B3, B12, C and E. Rich in carbohydrates, proteins, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, potassium, lithium and iron. Its vitamin content is quintupled after three or four days of germination.
- MUNG BEAN SPROUTS: protein 20%, good for the gallbladder, antitoxins. Vitamins: A, B1, B2, B3, B9, C, E, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, and iron.
- KAMUT WHEAT SPROUTS: Complete protein, revitalizes the body, tones bodybuilding, heart, and arteries: stimulates blood circulation and strengthens the immune system. After 5 days of germination, the multiplication of vitamins and minerals is remarkable: 225%; B1 of 20%; B2 of 300%; B3 from 10 to 25%; B5 from 40% to 50%; B6 of 200%; D and E of 300%; C 600%. Iron, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus 2% as well as trace elements.
- FENUGREEK SPROUTS: protein 29%, fibers 29%, fortifying, tonic and restorative, promotes the production of red blood cells, dissolves mucus, purifies liver and gallbladder, fights anemia, regulates blood sugar. Rich in calcium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, sulfur, and sodium, vitamins: A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B8, B12, C, D, and J.
Find our organic sprouts on the online shop and discover all the health benefits from eating these raw superfoods!